Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Life is an Adventure!

Molly in front of our old tree

So it's been awhile since I've posted anything . . . mostly due in part to the fact that our computer was quickly heading downhill. So despite how much I wanted to share our life adventures, I wasn't willing to wait half an hour for a picture to upload! BUT! We are now back in business with a much happier and faster computer!


Which leads me to be able to share a wonderful Christmas adventure with you!

Our story really begins in November, when I finally decided that we were in need of a prelit tree. Mostly because my hands would get ripped to shreds as I tried to put the lights on and also because I think they just look prettier! Thus began my month long stalking of lighted Christmas trees at all of our local retailers! I found the perfect one at Target and then I just sat back and waited until that magical sale sign went up! Then it happened last week, 50% off! But it was not to be, as by the time I made it there - it was gone!


But today a joyous thing occurred, as I was out at Target, searching for a last minute gift, I happen to see that the trees are now really marked down!So I snatch my new favorite up and head to the front of the store, only to find out that only the display trees are the ones on sale. (Back in my Target days we didn't sell the display trees, but I realize that times are a changing and I am more than willing to take advantage of the discounts!) So I told em to load up the display tree and bring it on up!

After some lovely moments involving me trying to get a tree out the front doors and into our car we were on our way! (If anyone should tell you that they saw a woman with the bottom half of a christmas tree over her head walking out the door of Target in Salina today, that most certainly would not have been me!)
Then came the getting it in the house and set up. I must say either our living room is smaller than I remembered or the tree grew between the store and home, Either way I spent the afternoon transferring decorations from the old tree to the new tree and giggling as I thought about what Bryan would say when he got home!
Mols checking out the new tree.


Molly in front of the new tree!

No comments: