Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's January - Who-Hoo!

2009 is here!

I am super excited becuase compared to the last several months of 2008 we have nothing on the calendar! Of course we literally have nothing on a calendar, because we don't have a new 2009 calendar! GRRRRR!
For some strange reason my lovely little dry erase magnetic calendar, which I have purchased every year for several years, is not available in the greater Salina area! And believe me I've checked! I'm going crazy not being able to write down upcoming events and notes! I'm sure it can be purchased online, but I haven't quite given up hope that one of these days I'll walk into a store and there it will be and I won't have to pay shipping and all will be right with the world again. But for now there is a sad blank spot on the fridge where a calendar should be!

We hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's. We spent new year's eve in Hutch w/ Ryan, Jamie, and their current brood of 4 legged kids. We celebrated with our tradition of good food, dominoes, and lots of laughs. Ryan was the dominoe champion, although he wasn't able to win "blindfolded" as his pregame talk assured us he would. It wouldn't be a complete night without a little bit of adventure, which came about 11:20 as Ryan and Bryan took off to round up a cow that had "jumped the fence", but all went smoothly and she was quickly rounded up and returned to the field. Bryan and I couldn't help but wonder the next morning as we headed back north what New Year's eve 2009 would be like as Ryan and Jamie will soon be welcoming Brynn to the family. We are so excited to meet her!
Of course 2009 is bringing lots of new arrivals. Brayden (Bryan's brother Rob and Sister in law Angela are the proud expectant parents) is also scheduled to make an appearance in just a few weeks. Bryan's former roommates, Chris and Erin, are expecting a little girl soon after that and then this spring we will be heading to Wichita to meet another little girl, Chris and Sonya's newest family member, who will join older sister Kaitlyn.

As for our 2009 plans? I'm excited to say that plans for our Honeymoon trip are being discussed but for now we're focused on lots of thank you notes!
Love and Hugs!

No comments: